Monday, June 22, 2009

Friendships and change




Friendships are constantly shifting, changing and ending. Just like cycles of reinvention, all friendships have beginnings and endings, where either the friendship literally ends or both friends embark on a new beginning together. Sometimes friendships end quite unexpectedly while others may last through these shifts.

I saw an old friend today and in that moment, I saw all that we used to be. Although I have accepted that the friendship is no longer what it used to be, I was deeply saddened when I saw her. And I realized that this was okay.....

In this encounter, I realized just how important it is to grieve friendships when they end. Every friendship has its time and all that we really have with friends are the moments. These moments are the part of the friendship that should be cherished, appreciated and remembered.

Today I learned that in relationships, all we have are moments.

Love and light,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment