Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer Lessons



This summer I made a conscious choice to take the summer off to revitalize, renew and re-energize. I usually seem to make decisions like this, as I have to allow my be my heart to lead the way and do what's best for me desptie what is considered the "right" thing to do. Going against the grain seems to be my thing.



As I re-enter into the hustle and bustle of life once again, I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of the things that I learned or was able to foster as a result of my choice to rest this summer. Every time I choose to share something like this I question what people will think because I am sharing such an intimate part of myself. But I quickly realize how important and healing it is to be able to write this blog and the fear vanishes.



Now... to the list:



* closer relationship with son and a deeper appreciation for who is as a person (which is priceless)



* my decision to go natural: I never realized just how unsatisfied I was with my permed hair and this summer I actually was able to begin this process

* felt my heart begin to awaken again


* opened myself up to new people and friendships


* more self-discovery and time to be with myself: able to experience deeper dimensions of myself


* lots more time to crystal hunt: discovered fantastic stores and magical places


* commitment to yoga and reaping its benefits


* lots more time to daydream and use positive visualizations


* learned the importance of slowing down and taking time for myself and my family


Overall, I learned that if I didn't take this time, these wonderful things may have been realized much later or even not at all. I am grateful....



Love and light,


S

No comments:

Post a Comment