Friday, October 9, 2009

Pushing beyong limits




I saw this quote on the wall in the change room at my yoga studio today. It said:


I write, erase, rewrite, erase again and then a poppy blooms - Hokushi


I took it as a metophor of the cycle of birth and rebirth in life. We are always recreating ourselves, adjusting ourselves to the winds of challenge that face us. And that's okay because there is always a gift that is given when we continue moving forward. Every challenge has light in it and it is the light, not the darkness that guides us.


Today I took on a challenge of my own. I went to a yoga class with a teacher who really challenges us to go beyond what we think is possible for us. The first class I went to of hers was when I first started yoga and I found it very, very challenging. She really pushed us and I crumbled. I felt like I couldn't do it and it would be too hard to return to her class.


Coming to this class, my confidence level was built up and I felt that I could do it. She opened the class by asking us what we feared and she wanted us to release that in our session today.

I am proud because I did it and I stuck it through and it felt good to know that I could push passed the fear and anxiety of it all.

So like the quote above, I tried, failed, tried again and the gift was received.

Thank you universe for showing me what is possible!

I am grateful....

Light and love,

S

2 comments:

  1. I am curious to know just what fear you tackled? Or was it just the challenge of the yoga class that you faced?
    I love yoga and the grounding it gives you. That quote is exactly what life is about. Says I who is currently in the process of rewriting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fear I chose to face in this class was surrendering. In particular, surrendering to this class but also to life itself. This is precisely what I am working on doing right at this moment...and I am always rewriting...

    ReplyDelete