Friday, October 16, 2009

Surrender and trust the process...

Everything that I do has to have with it an opportunity for me to shine. By this I mean that I have to be able to truly and fully be who I am in every aspect of me life. If I can't be myself then I can't do it.

Recently I have been trying to practice the art of surrender; allowing myself to trust the process, surrender to what is and just be. This has proven to be a difficult task for me as I have the habit of overworking to reveal the light in everything. You can only imagine how tiring this can be.

Then today I came across this quote, innocently yet boldly written on a wall:

Relying on outside things for happiness is like trying to catch a cloud with a lasso.

When I saw this it was like a lightbulb went off in my head. I came to the realization that I was relying too much on external circumstances for my own fulfillment. I have been attaching myself to results outside of myself to make me happy.

Now that I know this, I have to readjust my sails and allow things to unfold as they should without losing myself in it all. This is quite the balancing act and will take some getting used to but I have to remember that everything is always being rewritten.

Love and light,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment