Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Choosing life continued.....




How do we give ourselves over to life again, despite the hurt that it sometimes brings?

Last week, my fabulous cousin (hugs and kisses Kells) called to tell me about a movie that her son accidently ordered on the box called Yes Man. She ended up watching it since it had already ordered and was pleasantly surprised. She convinced me that I should watch it and I decided to give it try (even though I am not a big fan of comedy).

The movie is basically about a man that has closed himself off of living life. Any time any opportunity is presented to him, like say hanging out with friends, he always said NO. He ends up attending a conference hosted by a new age guru who invites him to take on a covenant with himself to say yes to everything despite what it is or how ridiculous it may seem. As he begins to do this, new amazing opportunities begin to take shape in his life, as he begins to try things that he has never thought of doing before. He ends up meeting this girl who is totally his opposite-spontaneous, fun and outgoing and of course they end up falling in love.

What I learned is that by saying no to things and placing limits on myself I have closed a part of myself off from truly living life fully. Although the intention may be there to live life fully awake and engaged, it is doing the do that causes things to happen. I feel as if I have allowed people, situations and events in my life to hurt the love out of me-so I’m trying to start over- new and fresh but it is not as easy as it may seem and it takes time, putting one foot in front of the other. I recently met a friend who has showed me that it all starts with just giving of myself, not holding back and not being afraid to letting go.

But it is a process and I have realized that I have to be easy with myself and take my time. It reminds me of this entry that I found on my favourite author’s blog (as you can probably tell by now, I love quotes!):

The warrior of the light is waking from his sleep. He thinks: “I don’t know how to deal with this light, it makes me grow.” Nonetheless, the light does not disappear. The warrior thinks: “Changes will have to be made that I don’t have the will to make.” The light continues there- because “will” is a very tricky word. So the warrior’s eyes and heart begin to grow used to the light. He does not get scared, he begins to accept his Legend, even though it means running risks. The warrior has been sleeping for a long time. It is only natural that he wakes up little by little.

Today I learned the importance of saying YES!

Love and Light,

Saran

No comments:

Post a Comment